I hope you've enjoyed some barbecue weather where you are (the UK has been miraculously balmy the last couple of weeks).
If you saw the news last week that Google's page experience update has started rolling out, I expect you may have some thoughts and/or questions about Core Web Vitals. Luckily, we have a Q & A webinar planned on this very topic! This Wednesday, 23rd June (8pm BST), Geoff and I will be joined by Billie Geena and Arnout Hellemans, for a Core Web Vitals Q & A Webinar. Our super-smart guests will tackle whatever questions we throw at them, so fire your questions over to us now, or drop into the chat on the day and join the discussion. See you there!
Onto the content...
Recent Tech SEO Stuff We Love
Getting recommendations implemented is one of the biggest challenges for SEOs, as often this is the point where we need to hand over control to developers. Kristina argues that SEOs should take a leaf out of the development playbook, and start using user stories to communicate technical SEO recommendations.
Too often, accessibility is overlooked as not being beneficial for SEO. Our upcoming webinar guest Billie makes the case that we need to care more about user experience for ALL users, and that accessibility should be more than just an afterthought - instead it should be baked into our website optimization work.
Adam presents a compelling argument that SEOs should move away from a 'deliverables mindset' and towards one focused on solving customer problems.
A Bunch of Awesome SEO Tools & Resources
- Search Console Data Downloader - grab all your data from Google Search Console, not just the 1000 rows they show you in the app. Accompanying blog post for more details.
- Keywords In Sheets - piles of free Google Sheets scripts for SEO, with templates and instructions on how to add them.
- SEO Dashboard Reporting and Automation Guide - how to automate your SEO reporting without spending thousands.
- NoAMP.link - instantly strip the annoying AMP link to end up with the non-amp version of the page, with this handy bookmarklet and tool.
- Highlight No Follow/UGC/Sponsored Links Bookmarklet - quickly see which links on a page are marked as nofollow, UGC or sponsored.
What We've Been Up To
- We welcomed Izzy Wisniewska onto our YouTube channel for an excellent webinar where she showed us her website auditing methodology.
- On top of the webinar itself, Izzy also provided us with a write-up of her entire auditing process, 'How to Conduct, Structure and Communicate Technical SEO Audits'.
- We've published 9 (nine) updates since my newsletter last month on our Structured Data Change History Timeline, which just shows you how much Google are changing things in terms of structured data right now. If you are not yet signed up, add your email address on this page to get email update alerts or a monthly round-up of changes.